Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tuesday Poem - Two Poems by Janet Jackson

Lawn

It softly touches the bricks
at its edge,
a gentle but definite border.
The bricks say
      You can't come past here!
      This is our flower bed!
The lawn says
       OK, I won't
       but let me look.
The bricks let it look.




Breastfeeding a four-month old

As you stroke me
carefully opening your hand flat
I realise
that the annoying jerky movements
your fist made a month ago
were your very best caresses.



Here are two short poems from Janet Jackson's book Coracle which I picked up when I was in Perth. You can get the book from here - http://www.proximitypoetry.com/Books/coracle.html
and it is also available at Collected Works, Gleebooks, Mary Martins, Crow Books and a few other discerning book shops.

If you want to read more Tuesday Poems click on the quill icon at the top of the page.

2 comments: